Friday 15 March 2019

Monkey and Squirrel

Monkey and Squirrel

Once upon a time, there was a Monkey named Mon Kio and a Squirrel named Squire. They lived as neighbors. The monkey was very greedy and arrogant. He thought if he was the best monkey in the world.  He had a best friend. He was Squire. Squire was very kind to Mon Kio. The squirrel was also a good animal. He was very helpful to another animal.

The monkey, Mon Kio lived in a mango tree near the banana garden. And the Squire’s house was not far away from the Mon Kio’s house. It was under the mango trees. The monkey and the squirrel always played together. Usually, they played in a river.

One fine day, Mon Kio and Squire wanted to play in the river. They went through the forest to go to the river. Mon Kio and Squire were walking in the forest. Suddenly, Squire fell down because of the branches of the trees in the forest. Squire couldn’t do anything. But Mon Kio didn’t want to help Squire.

“Mon, help me…. please help me!” said Squire, but Mon Kio didn’t want to help Squire. “Hey, you said you are my best friend. But what are you doing now? You make me hard working to help you. Ah, I don’t want to help you, huh. You are the bad squirrel!” answered Mon Kio saucily.

“I’m sorry, my friend Mon Kio…  It is an accident. I don’t want to make you hard… Really, I don’t want it happened to me… Really, I don’t want”, said the Squire. “Ah… you are not my friend; I want to go home now. Play with you makes my blood pressure is high. Hey, enjoy your life, bye!” answered the monkey again. After that, Mon Kio went home.

The next day, Mon Kio received a letter. The letter came from a farmer. The farmer would be holding a peanuts party for all residents tonight. The farmer thanks to God, because God gave the farmer’s necessity. The farmer hopes all residents came to his party.

Mon Kio was very happy. At night Mon Kio went to the peanuts party. He imagined at the party there will be many delicious peanuts, and then he ate all of the peanuts. On the way, he saw Squire. Squire broke all Mon Kio imagined.” Hey, you are still alive?” mocked Mon Kio “I was helped by a kind farmer. Now, I want to go home. Where are you wanted to go?” asked Squire.

“Ah, it is not important for you. You are disturbing me. Go home now! I want to go to a place that makes me fun! I don’t like to meet with you” said Mon Kio.
“Ok… I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you. See you at home.” Answer Squire. “Whatever!” Mon Kio said again.

Arrived at the party, Mon Kio was very greedy. He ate many peanuts and he brought many peanuts for his food reservation at home. After arrived at home, he entered all of the peanuts into his home. Then, an accident happened. All of the peanuts and Mon Kio’s house fell down to Mon Kio. “Help me, please… Help me” screamed Mon Kio.

Squire heard the voice of Mon Kio. He went out of his home and he shocked. “What happened with you, Mon Kio? Wait for me, I help you know”. Then Squire collected the peanuts and helped Mon Kio. Now Mon Kio didn’t have a house again. So he lived in the Squire’s house.

Mon Kio felt guilty for Squire. He apologized for his actions. He realized he was wrong. And he promised not to repeat again his behavior. He also promised to keep his word. Then Mon Kio was a good monkey and likes to help anyone who needs it. Finally, Squire and Mon Kio lived happily forever.

GEGURITAN : MATERI BAHASA JAWA

Geguritan = gurita = grita = gita. Geguritan iki kawiwitan saka carita Bharatayuda, Pendawa lawan Kurawa. Nalika senopatine Pendawa yaiku Bh...